We are currently providing our complete program for students ONLINE, via Zoom! See below for more information or contact our office - (952) 920-9280.
Our Reading Specialists are not tutors. Reading Specialists are educators who teach students how to read in a different way - a way that was designed specifically for people with dyslexia and other learning disabilities. Think of it as Reading Therapy.
When a student learns at OGRS, he/she/they receive individualized Orton Gillingham reading and spelling instruction from our expertly-trained Staff Specialists or Specialists-in-Training. Our Specialists are supervised by Karen Sonday, Fellow at Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators and co-author of The Sonday System Essentials line of OG curricula.
The journey of each student is unique. There is no preset timeline for success because each student's strengths and challenges are different. We usually say to plan on being with us for the school year. We evaluate as we go.
Online Zoom OG Sessions with a Staff Specialist
- Sessions are held 2, 3, or 4 times per week, depending on the student.
- Sessions are 55 minutes in length, on a recurring schedule.
- Sessions take place online, via Zoom!
- All sessions are one-to-one and completely individualized.
- Pre-readers through adult learners are welcome.
- We'll guide you in specific Practice Work to do at home.
- You'll have regular progress reports and additional consultations are available as needed.
- We are happy to collaborate with school personnel and other professionals.
- There are no additional fees or costs. Tuition includes curriculum, materials, assessments, and progress reports and communications with your specialist.
Online Zoom Sessions with a Trainee (Formerly called ReSiT Program)
During the time that the teachers are taking their classes, they need students in order to practice the skills they've learned!
If you sign your student up to work with a Trainee you will not only be helping that Trainee, you will also get a great deal on tuition!
We have Fall, Winter, and Summer sections available.
Click here for section details and to request registration.
Online Zoom OG Sessions at School (currently suspended)
We wanted to make your life just a little bit easier. So now, students in third grade or older can have their OGRS reading session during the school day, at their school, via Zoom!
Call 952-920-9280 for more information.
Get your student all set to learn. Here's what you will need:
- A reasonably fast laptop computer.
- A set of noise-canceling headphones or earbuds with microphone.
- A quiet, distraction-free area to work
- A desk or table clear of clutter and a proper chair. An adult nearby to help with technical issues.**
Online sessions are not appropriate for every student. Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists reserves the right to discontinue the online session option or an online session at any time.
**Our staff is not trained in technology support. We may be able to help troubleshoot issues, but the ability to handle the technical requirements of participating in online sessions lies with the end-user. See Zoom's website for specific requirements needed.
Onsite OG Sessions (currently suspended)
|Service Plan||Type of Instructor||Tuition|
|2 sessions/week||Staff Reading Specialist||$1,050/month|
|3 sessions/week||Staff Reading Specialist||$1,475/month|