We are currently providing our complete program for students ONLINE, via Zoom! Click here for more information or contact our office - (952) 920-9280.
Our Reading Specialists are not tutors. Reading Specialists are educators who teach students how to read in a different way - a way that was designed specifically for people with dyslexia and other learning disabilities. Think of it as Reading Therapy.
When a student learns at OGRS, he/she/they receive individualized Orton Gillingham reading and spelling instruction from our expertly-trained Staff Specialists or Specialists-in-Training. Our Specialists are supervised by Karen Sonday, Fellow at Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators and co-author of The Sonday System Essentials line of OG curricula.
The journey of each student is unique. There is no preset timeline for success because each student's strengths and challenges are different. We usually say to plan on being with us for the school year. We evaluate as we go.
Basic Session Information:
- Sessions are held 2, 3, or 4 times per week, depending on the student.
- Sessions are 55 minutes in length, on a recurring schedule.
- Sessions take place online, via Zoom!
- All sessions are one-to-one and completely individualized.
- Pre-readers through adult learners are welcome.
- We'll guide you in specific Practice Work to do at home.
- You'll have regular progress reports and additional consultations are available as needed.
- We are happy to collaborate with school personnel and other professionals.
- There are no additional fees or costs. Tuition includes curriculum, materials, assessments, and progress reports and communications with your specialist.
See all of our PROGRAM OPTIONS
|Service Plan||Type of Instructor||Tuition|
|2 sessions/week||Staff Reading Specialist||$1,050/month|
|3 sessions/week||Staff Reading Specialist||$1,475/month|
|2 sessions/week||Reading Specialist-in-Training||$650/month|
|1 session/week (maintenance only)||Staff Reading Specialist||$575/month|