Sometimes, life just gets out of hand – snow, sick kids, hockey practice and dinner can all interfere with getting to a scheduled reading session. Do your OG session on Zoom, instead! Give us a 24-hour notice and we can set up a session online, saving you the trip! Here’s how to do it:
If you would like to set up a session via Zoom, please contact the office – 952-920-9280. We’ll send you a link and instructions on how to sign into your Zoom session.
Here is what is required for a successful online session:
- A quiet, distraction-free place, at a desk or table cleared of clutter.
- A laptop computer so that the screen can be tipped for the teacher to see what the student is writing.
- Headphones or earbuds to hear the teacher clearly.
- Strong and fast internet
- Their materials ready to go on the floor next to them:
- Spiral notebook or lined paper
- Pencil or pen
- Reading material*
- An adult nearby to help with technical issues.**
Online sessions are not appropriate for every student. Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists reserves the right to discontinue the online session option or an online session at any time.
*If it is a one-time online session, reading may be skipped that day. If the online sessions are ongoing, the teacher and student should arrange to have matching reading material available to them.
**Our staff is not trained in technology support. The ability to handle the technical requirements of participating in an online session lies with the end user.