Program Information for Students
We are currently providing our complete program for students ONLINE! Read below for more information or contact our office – email@example.com or (952) 920-9280.
Our Reading Specialists are not tutors. Reading Specialists are educators who teach students how to read in a different way – a way that was designed specifically for people with dyslexia and other learning disabilities. Think of it as Reading Therapy.
When a student learns at OGRS, he/she/they receive individualized Orton Gillingham reading, writing, and spelling instruction from our expertly-trained Staff Reading Specialists or our student teachers. Our Specialists are supervised by Karen Sonday, Fellow at Academy of Orton Gillingham Practitioners and Educators and co-author of The Sonday System Essentials line of OG curricula.
The journey of each student is unique. There is no prescribed number of sessions to achieve success because each student’s strengths and challenges are different. We usually say to plan on being with us for the school year. We will evaluate your student’s progress as we go.
Sessions with a Staff Reading Specialist
- Sessions are held 2, 3, or 4 times per week, depending on the student.
- Sessions are 55 minutes in length, on a recurring schedule.
- Sessions take place online, via Zoom! *
- All sessions are one-to-one and completely individualized.
- Pre-readers through adult learners are welcome.
- We’ll guide you in specific Practice Work to do at home.
- You’ll have regular progress reports and additional consultations are available as needed.
- We are happy to collaborate with school personnel and other professionals.
- Tuition includes curriculum, materials, assessments, and progress reports and communications with your specialist.
Sessions with a ReSIT
Teachers come to us to learn how to be Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists. These educators are referred to as ReSITS, or “Reading-Specialists-in-Training”.
While they are taking their online classes with us, they need students to practice the skills that they’ve learned. If you sign your student up to work with a ReSIT online*, you are not only helping that educator, you also get a great deal on tuition!
We have Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters available.
Sessions from School
We wanted to make your life just a little bit easier. So now, students in third grade or older can have their online* OGRS reading session during the school day, from their school!