Sessions with a Reading Specialist in Training
At Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists, we do two things:
1. Teach struggling readers using the Orton Gillingham approach.
2. Teach educators to become Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists.
During the time that the teachers are taking their classes with us, they need students to practice the skills they've learned!
So, if you sign up to work with a Reading Specialist in Training (ReSiT), you are helping those teachers get their teaching hours, and YOU get a great deal on tuition!
Fall 2021 ReSiT Program
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 - Tuesday, February 1, 2022
EITHER Mondays/Wednesdays OR Tuesdays/Thursdays
Times available - 5:00 p.m., OR 6:00 p.m. (Central Time)
31 sessions for $1,050
Important things to note:
- This program is appropriate for students with reading levels of grades 1 - 4.
- This program is not appropriate for Kindergarten or 1st-grade students. (Students going into 2nd in the fall will be considered.)
- Your student will be taught by an Orton Gillingham Reading Specialist in Training (ReSiT).
- All sessions are conducted online, via Zoom.
- You must commit to all 31 sessions, barring illness or emergency. Missing a session deprives the teacher of teaching hours needed for certification.
- No make-ups are available for a missed session.
- No refunds will be made after the placement has been accepted and payment has been made for the program.
- There are no sessions November 24 - 27 for Thanksgiving and December 22, 2021 - January 2, 2022 for Winter Break.
- The ReSit will be supervised by Karen Sonday, Fellow of Orton Gillingham Academy.
- Space is limited.
For more information and to apply for our Fall ReSiT Student Program, please contact Abbe Pedersen in Admissions. (952) 920-9280