Sessions with a ReSIT
Sessions with a Reading Specialist in Training
At Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists, we do two things:
1. Teach struggling readers using the Orton Gillingham approach.
2. Teach educators to become Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists.
During the time that the teachers are taking their classes with us, they need students to practice the skills they’ve learned!
So, if you sign up to work with a Reading Specialist in Training (ReSiT), you are helping those teachers get their teaching hours, and YOU get a great deal on tuition!
Summer 2022 ReSiT Program
Program Dates: Monday, July 18, 2022 – Thursday, August 18, 2022
Sessions/Week: 4x/week – Mondays – Thursdays
Session Length: Fifty-five minutes
Times Available: 9:00 a.m. Central
10:00 a.m. Central
11:00 a.m. Central
Cost: 20 sessions for $915
Important things to note:
- This program is appropriate for students with reading levels of grades 1 – 4.
- This program is not appropriate for Kindergarten or 1st-grade students. (Students going into 2nd in the fall will be considered.)
- Your student will be taught by an Orton Gillingham Reading Specialist in Training (ReSiT).
- The ReSit will be supervised by Karen Sonday, Fellow of Orton Gillingham Academy.
- All sessions are conducted online, via Zoom.
- You must commit to all sessions, barring illness or emergency. Missing a session deprives the teacher of the teaching hours needed for certification.
- Missing two or more sessions may result in removal of the student from the program.
- There are no make-ups are available for a missed session.
- No refunds will be made after the placement has been accepted and payment has been made for the program.
- Space is limited.
For more information and to apply for our ReSiT Student Programs, please contact Abbe Pedersen, Director of Admissions.