Why Should I Take An Extended Practicum?
- You need additional supervised teaching hours to apply for an Orton Gillingham certification.
- You need additional observations by an OG Fellow to apply for an Orton Gillingham certification.
- You value the additional coaching that you get when you take one of our Extended Practicum Programs.
- You want to build your OG teaching skills before you begin with your own students.
We supply the students for you! Extended Practicums run concurrently with our OG Training Programs. The upcoming Extended Practicum dates are below. You can request 3 or 4 Fellow observations during any Extended Practicum:
2023 Summer Extended Practicum
- Monday, July 17 - Thursday, August 17
- 4 days per week - Mondays - Thursdays
- Choose to have 1, 2, or 3 students per day
- 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. Central.
2023 Fall Extended Practicum
- Thursday, October 5 - Thursday, February 8, 2024
- 2 evenings per week
- Choose to have 1 or 2 students per evening
- 5:00 p.m. and/or 6:00 p.m. Central
Orton Gillingham Academy requires that applications must be submitted to them within 12 months of starting your OG Training Cohort with OGRS.
Extended Practicum Program
Price: $600.00 - for three observations
$800.00 - for four observations
Prerequisite: Orton Gillingham Training Level 1 at OGRS
- Up to 60 additional practicum hours.
- Supervision and feedback from an OGRS Master Specialist.
- Three or four observations by Karen Sonday, OGA Fellow, including written and verbal feedback.
- Coaching during your certification application process.
- Students to work with during the practicum.
Contact us at (952) 920-9280 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application for the Extended Practicum Program.