Sessions with a Reading Specialist in Training
Educators attend classes with us to learn how to become Orton Gillingham Reading Specialists. They are referred to as ReSiTs, or “Reading-Specialists-in-Training.”
While these educators are learning, they need students to work with to practice their skills. When you sign up to work with a ReSiT, you are not only helping that educator, you also get a great deal on tuition!
Summer 2023 ReSiT Program
Monday, July 17, 2023, through Thursday, August 17, 2023
Four (4) sessions per week M-TH
9:00 a.m. CENTRAL, 10:00 a.m. CENTRAL, 11:00 a.m. CENTRAL
$600.00 for 20 sessions
ReSiT Program - please note:
- This program accepts students based on the needs of the teachers enrolled. Some require early readers; some require intermediate readers, etc.
- Your student will be taught by an Orton Gillingham Reading Specialist in Training (ReSiT).
- The ReSiT will be supervised by Karen Sonday, Fellow of Orton Gillingham Academy.
- All sessions are conducted online, via Zoom.
- You must commit to all sessions, barring illness or emergency. Missing a session deprives the teacher of the teaching hours needed for certification.
- Missing two or more sessions may result in removal of the student from the program.
- There are no make-ups available for a missed session.
- No refunds will be made after the placement has been accepted and payment has been made for the program.
- Space is limited.
- Some need-based scholarships are available - please inquire.
For more information and to apply for our ReSiT Student Programs, please contact us at (952) 920-9280.